Earlier this month, we partnered with Erica Chidi from The Mama Circle to work with some first time mamas. Nurturing women into motherhood and helping new parents feel confident as they transition into a new phase of their lives, The Mama Circle is a wonderful support and resource for new parents in the Los Angeles area. Erica opened up her garden to some gorgeous new mamas and babes for a first foods class. Gathered around a beautiful breakfast spread (mama needs nurturing food as well), she talked about how to gently incorporate first foods into a babes diet. Mamas got to try out the new Ergobaby Baby Carriers while Erica demonstrated some recipes for baby’s first tastes.
Click on any photo to start slide show with take-aways from the First Foods Class. And be sure to scroll down for the recipes after the photo gallery.
Here are the two delicious and easy recipes to start baby on first foods— happy eating!
Plum, Nectarine & Apricot Puree
- 1 plum, chopped and pitted
- 1 nectarine, chopped and pitted
- 1 apricot, chopped and pitted
- Place the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Place the puree in a sieve over a bowl and using a spoon or spatula, push the puree through, leaving the skins of the fruit in the sieve.
- Serve or freeze.
Avocado & Banana Puree
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons whole milk (you can also use almond, coconut, or breast milk)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until creamy and smooth.
- Serve or freeze